10 most inspirational life quotes by Diego Maradona
1. Sometimes I think that my whole life is on film, that my whole life is in print. But it’s not like that. There are things which are only in my heartthat no one knows. At last I have decided to tell everything.
2. To see the ball, to run after it, makes me happiest man on the world.
3. Everybody in Argentina can remember ‘the hand of God’ in the England match in the 1986 World Cup. Now, in my country, the ‘hand of God’ has brought us an Argentinian pope.
4. My mother thinks I am the best. And I was raised to always believe what my mother tells me.
5. I am Maradona, who makes goals, who makes mistakes. I can take it all, I have shoulders big enough to fight with everybody.
6. Many people agree with me that many things are not clear in football these days and it is not something people who watch football deserve. The situation will be the same while football is run by people who do not understand football.
7. In the beginning drugs make you euphoric. It’s like winning a championship, so you think: who cares about tomorrow, since I won the championship today?
8. Poverty is bad, it’s difficult, I knew it well. You want lots of things and all you can do is dream about them. It would be nice if there were more justice – if those who have a lot had a little less, and those who have a little had a little more.
9. I’m privileged, but only because that was God’s will. God made me play well. He gave me the ability at birth. That’s why I make the sign of the cross every time I enter the pitch. If I didn’t do it I’d be betraying him.
10. When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success.